Виконавець – Stephan Spiech and Sandor Lakatos Gypsy Ensemble
Альбом – Pearls of Ukraine. Folk songs and dances
Видавець, каталожний номер: Apon Record – APON 2636
Формат – 33 rpm/12″
Рік видання – не зазначено
Джерело – платівка з колекції та оцифрування Walter Maksimovich
01. OI U POLI TYKHYI VITER VIYE / There in the Fields
02. POVIY VITRE NA VKRAJINU / Winds of the Ukraine
03. SYVYI KONYU / White Horse – Golden Mane
04. OI VIDSY HORA, VIDSY DRUHAYA / This Side of the Hill
05. OI MARICHKO CHYCHYRY / Oj Marichko Chychyry
06. SKAZHY MENI PRAVDU / Tell Me the Truth
07. OI NA HORI NA HORI / On the Top of the Hill
08. OI TY HORO KAMYANAYA / Stony Mountain
09. KAZHUT LUDY SHCHOM SHCHASLYVYI / They Say I am Happy
10. Ol PID HAYEM, HAYEM / In the Green Orchard
11. MARUSENKA PO SADU KHODYLA / Marusenka in the Garden
12. SHYROKOYE BOLONENKO / The Wide Glade
13. ZALITAY, ZALITAY SYVYI HOLUBOCHKU / White Dove
14. SHCHO YA BUDU BIDNYI DIYAV / What Shall I Do
Інформація з обкладинки:
Stephan Spiech embodies the principal talent of the great artist: He moves his audience to share in the art and emotions of his songs, yet his talent was not bought easily. As a young man he had sung in his church choir; but he went on to study his art at many levels. His first formal training was with Frau Fruehling-Gerlach, and than with the great tenor Orest Rusnak, in Germany. He continued his training in the United States with Mrs. I.Pryma, and he formalised a long interest in composition by studying with Prof. V.Groudine in New York.
He became familiar to the American public through concerts broadcast by WNYC; and the critical acclaim which followed these performances was matched by that which resulted from his many concerts over the Bavarian Broadcasting System in Germany. He now lives in Germany, and he has become one of the finest performers of the German lyric.
His operatic repertoire comprises Italian, French, German, and Ukrainian parts; but his deepest affection is for Ukrainian music, in particular for the Ukrainian folk-song. His great love for these songs was awakened in his boyhood, when he listened intently to the deeply moving songs which his mother sang. Even at an early age he used to write them down; and what began as a boy’s hobby was continued by the mature Spiech. Today he brings to these folk-songs both his formidable talent as a singer, and his superb technical abilities as a composer. But it is not only then; twin strengths of the performer and composer which lend greatness to Spiech’s art; what changes it to magic, to the perfect and moving performance of the Ukrainian folk-song, is the intense and long-lasting love he brings to them. This is the ultimate strength; wedded to consummate artistry which recreates in his listeners the powerful emotions of his songs.
Apon Record Company, Inc.
Licensed by IRS
APON-2633 UKRAINIAN FAVORITE SONGS instrumental music.
APON-2634 UKRAINIAN FOLK SONGS instrumental music
APON-2635 UKRAINIAN MELODIES Instrumental music
APON-2641 UKRAINIAN HOLY LITURGY