03. Vesilja waltz medley
04. Kishka polka
05. Autumn meeting
07. “The tango”
08. Orange blossom special “faster & faster”
09. He made you for me
10. Happy birthday and good night medley
11. Mandatory encore medley
Інформація з обкладинок та буклету:
It’s Thursday, February 3, 1994 at about 2 p.m.
Massive amounts of gear begin to be unloaded at the Ukrainian Youth Unity Hall in Edmonton. This includes the numerous pieces of assorted road cases that we flew out to Edmonton.
Aside from your standard PA system that has been set up for the actual dances themselves, we must assemble a complete recording studio and isolate it from the sounds of the ZABA VA. Roman Klun must not be able to hear the band live, otherwise it will interfere with the recording.
Wgile Roman, Dave and the sound company are busy setting up, Ron is travelling around Edmonton procuring various pieces of stage gear for the band to use.
By 5 p.m., the set-up is well under way. Roman has the studio up and running and, as usual, Dave has solved every problem that could possibly plague an undertaking such as this. I doubt very much that we could have done this without his incredible knowledge of how and why things work or DON’T!
The stage is set, Mark finally wakes up, we turn everything on, the red and blue lights come on (so did the yellow and green ones, but nobody knew what they were for!) Finally by 6:30 it’s time to do sound checks.
Ron and Mark are the only band members there on Thursday, so the sound check finished pretty early …10 p.m.!
Len and Jerry arrive on Friday by about 12 noon and begin their sound checks, and then the whole band. The front of house gear was impressive enough on its own, but the studio set-up was truly a work of art!
It’s now 6 p.m. Time to go back to the hotel to get ready. This fact, by itself, is not a big deal. What is a big deal is that Dave and Roman stayed at the hall for last minute checks and to ensure that nobody came up to the board and turned any of Dave’s knobs. These two guys really outdid themselves, and more than anyone else, contributed to the success of the weekend.
The band arrives, Dave puts on some after shave so the flies would stay away, Roman puts on his PLAID bermuda shorts, so the girls would stay away, and the rest, as they say, is history.
(Liner notes composed at 39,000 feet.)
* * *
Recorded LIVE to Digital on February 4 and 5, 1994 at the Ukrainian Youth Unity Hall in Edmonton, Alberta.
Engineered by Roman Klun and Dave MacKellar Produced by Ron Cahute with opinions by Roman and Dave.
Digitally edited by Dave MacKellar at Threshold Audio, using the Turtle Beach 56K process.
Photography by Noella.
Cover Design by Bohdan Tymyc and Maria Sochan
• Len Steciuk – guitar, violin, vocals
• Jerry Hryhorsky – violin, dinger, vocals
• MarkZubek – drums, drums and more drums
• Ron Cahute – accordion, keyboards, vocals
*This album is dedicated to the memory of Victor Zubek*
* * *
BURYA “PLUGGED IN” – THE CD SESSIONS LIVE IN EDMONTON
Burya would like to thank the people that contributed to the making of this album, and also acknowledge our friends and family.
* At the top of the list are Melanie, Bobbi, Stephanie, Sandy and Carol. Thank you for many years of support and understanding through the turbulent times.
* Thanks kids, and we promise to bring you back something.
* Thanks to CKER Radio in Edmonton for their support and sponsorship in this mammoth undertaking. We couldn’t have done it without you!
* Thank you Ukrainian Shumka Dancers, not only for your support and help throughout this recording, but also for knowing how to party and do the killer KOLOMEYKA.
* Thanks to Roman Brytan and Provid Entertainment Productions for making this event a reality.
* Thank you Noella for looking after sweatshirt, cassette and CD sales, taking pictures, and having abundant patience.
* Thanks to Audio Operations for being in Mississauga and not Oshawa.
* hank you to Walter, Tony, Vera, and Jamie for the shuttle bus service.
* Thanks to all our friends and fans in Western Canada.
* Roman Dubejsky who convinced us that Air Canada is the best airline around.
* Spinal Tap for their tour inspiration.
* Dave MacKellar for his incredible knowledge of how to make things work on the gig. Also, a special Thanks for his editing prowess. INCREDIBLE!!!!
* Roman Klun for sitting in that little room for so long and recording this THING!
© 1994 Ron Cahute
Manuf. & distrib. by Yevshan Corporation
Box 325, Beaconsfield, Quebec, H9W 5T8 MADE AND PRINTED IN CANADA
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED